How do I alter my Facebook name? This video will show you how to change your name on Facebook in 5 easy steps. It also includes instructions on how to add, update, or delete another name on Facebook, as well as how to change the name of a Facebook Page.
1. 5 Steps to Change Your Name on Facebook
- Log into your Facebook account by visiting the Facebook website in your browser.
- In the top-right corner of the Facebook page, click the down-arrow button. Select Settings from the drop-down menu under Settings & Privacy.
- To update your name, go to General Account Settings and click your name, or click the Edit symbol next to your name.
- Give your Facebook account a new name. Then click the Review Change button.
- To modify your Facebook name, enter your Facebook account password and click Save Changes.
Note that after you’ve changed your name on Facebook, you won’t be able to do it again for 60 days. After 60 days, you can change your name again.
2. On Facebook How to Add, Edit, Delete another Name
You can use the guide below to add other names to your Facebook account, such as a nickname.
- Open your browser and log into your Facebook account.
- In the top-right corner of Facebook, click your profile photo.
- Select About -> Details About You from the drop-down menu.
- Click Add a nickname or a birth name under Other Names.
- Select a name type to add by clicking the down-arrow symbol next to Name Type.
- Type in your selected name.
- Select “Show at top of profile” to have the name appear beside your Facebook account name. To add a new name to Facebook, click the Save button.
Follow the steps below to update or delete the name you entered on Facebook.
- 1. Go back to your Facebook profile and select About -> Details About You.
- 2. To change or delete the Facebook name you added previously, click the three-dot icon next to the name you want to edit or delete, and then click Edit name or Delete name.
3. Change Your Name on Facebook through iPhone
If you use the Facebook app on your iOS or Android smartphone, you can alter your name on Facebook by following the steps below.
- Log in to your Facebook account using the Facebook app.
- In the top-right corner of the Facebook app, tap the three-line menu icon.
- Select Settings & Privacy -> Settings -> Personal information from the drop-down menu.
- Tap your name and replace it with the new name you desire.
- Tap Review Changes, then input your Facebook login before tapping Save Changes.
4. 3 Tips to Fix Can’t Change Name on Facebook –
If you can’t alter your name on Facebook, consider these three solutions.
- Check Facebook’s name policy to ensure that the name you provide complies with it.
- If you’ve changed your name in the last 60 days, you won’t be able to do it again.
- Use your real name as much as possible. Use names that aren’t made up.
5. Change Facebook Page Name
- Go to Facebook and sign in using your username and password.
- In the left column, select Pages.
- In the bottom-left corner of your page, select Page Settings.
- Go to the Page Info tab.
- Next to your Page Name, click Edit.
- Press Enter to create a new Page name.
- Make a request for a change.
Note: Only the Facebook account administrator has the ability to request a name change for the Page. If you are unable to alter the name of your Facebook Page, it is possible that you do not have the appropriate Page role or that another administrator has recently changed the name of your Page.
How can you alter your Facebook name? How can I alter the name of my Facebook page? I hope this tutorial clarifies things for you. You can now modify your name or the name of your Facebook profile on your own.