What does ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE stand for? It’s a common issue in the Google Chrome browser that means there’s a problem with the network connection. But why does it appear, and what can be done to Fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE Error? Continue reading to learn the answers, Fix number 4 is the easiest.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE Error: Causes
When you see the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error, there will be one or two phrases explaining the mistake, so you can understand why it appears. Now I’ll go over some of the reasons in more detail.
- There is an excessive amount of browser cache.
- There is a problem with the network connection.
- Temporary files that are causing issues.
- Running programmes that may disrupt or damage the Google Chrome browser, such as defective extensions.
After you’ve figured out what’s causing the problem, you may use the solutions listed below.
Solutions to fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error
Fix 1: Clear The Data from Google Chrome Browser
If the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE problem occurs as a result of an overloaded browser cache, consider deleting the Google Chrome browser data to resolve the issue. Here’s how to go about it:
- To open the Clear Browsing Data window, open Google Chrome and hit the Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys at the same time.
- Go to the Advanced tab and select Clear the following items from the beginning of time from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure all of the boxes are checked, then click Clear Data.
- Restart Google Chrome after performing the instructions above to determine if the error has been resolved.
Fix 2: Reset the Network Settings
The ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error will also display if there is a problem with your network. As a result, you should reset your network settings to resolve the issue. The following are the detailed instructions:
- Type cmd into the search box, then right-click the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator from the context menu. Click the OK button.
- Type the following commands one by one in the Command Prompt window, remembering to press Enter after each one.
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /flushdns
- netsh winsock reset
- net stop dhcp
- net start dhcp
- netsh winhttp reset proxy
- Restart your computer after closing the Command Prompt window.
- Restart Google Chrome to see if the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error problem has been resolved.
Fix 3: Network Drivers should be Updated
The ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error will arise if your network driver is out of date. As a result, you should try updating your network drivers. To correct the error, follow the steps below.
- Select Device Manager by pressing the Win and X keys together.
- Locate and expand Network Adapters.
- Select Update driver from the context menu of the network you’re currently using.
- To finish updating the network driver, follow the on-screen prompts.
- Restart your computer and then reopen Google Chrome to see if the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error problem has been resolved.
Fix 4: Disable Extensions
As you may be aware, the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE issue can sometimes be caused by extensions. As a result, disabling extensions may be a solution to the problem. Follow the steps below to get started:
- First, open Chrome and select More Tools from the three vertical dots in the upper right corner. Select Extensions.
- In Chrome, disable all of the extensions you’ve installed.
- Restart Google Chrome to see if the problem ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error has been resolved.
This article will explain some of the causes of the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE problem and how to fix it. So, if you encounter the error, you can attempt the ways listed above to resolve it on your own. If you have any queries feel free to comment them down below or Mail us your query.