While Discord is a popular communication network among gamers, it has grown in popularity in the previous year. We’ll show you how to host a Spotify Listening Party on Discord in this article. It now hosts not just Valheim and Among Us servers, but also K-pop fan communities, tech aficionados, and melophiles, to name a few. And, in case you didn’t know, Discord has a useful function that allows you to listen to music on Spotify with your pals. Listen Along allows you to listen to your favourite music while staying connected with your Discord pals.
On Discord Organize Spotify Listening Party (2023)
Before we get started, it’s crucial to clarify that everyone who wants to use the function will need a Spotify Premium membership. If you invite someone who does not have Spotify Premium, they will receive an error message and will be unable to join the listening party. Now that that’s out of the way, here’s how to start a Discord “Listen Along” session.
- Link your Spotify account to Discord first. Settings -> Connections -> Spotify is where you may do this. Check out our article on how to link Spotify to Discord for step-by-step instructions.
- Open Spotify and listen to some music after connecting Spotify and Discord. When you return to Discord while listening to music on Spotify, the “+” upload file button in the message box will now have a green play icon.
- Select the “Invite [user/channel] to Listen to Spotify” option from the green play button. This tool is available in both public and private Discord channels, as well as personal DMs.
- You can now send the invite to a friend or on a Discord server with a message. If you want, you can leave the ‘Add a Comment’ textbox blank and go to the next step by clicking the “Send Invite” button.
- A link to invite your friend (or other channel members) will now be sent to you. To participate in the listening party, people simply need to click on the “Join” button in the invitation. When you change songs, the preview will change immediately because the link is dynamic.
Note: You can either manually select and play music or create a playlist to share with your friends or followers.
- When you’re in an active listening session, this is how the UI will look. In the invite box, you’ll see the profile photographs of users and friends who join your party.
- To exit a Spotify listening party, click the ‘X’ icon above the preview of your profile image.
Host a Spotify Listening Party on Discord
So there’s how to use Discord’s Listen Along functionality to host Spotify listening parties. The only caveat is that it only works if you have a Spotify Premium subscription. Spotify’s group sessions feature may now be used to host a listening party for a group of five pals. You can then use another messaging app to talk about your favourite BTS tracks or create a playlist. If you don’t have Spotify Premium but still want to hold a listening party on Discord, check out our handpicked selection of the top Discord music bots and add them to your server.
Remember to tell us about your experience in the comments area. Also, if you have any questions, then please comment down below.
Leave a Reply