You’re not alone if you’re using Windows 10 and get a blue screen of death with the error message PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA. It has been reported by a large number of users. The good news is that you can easily fix it yourself.
How do I fix ‘Page Fault In NonPaged Area’ Error?
Here are five options to consider. You may not need to try all of them; simply work your way down from the top until you discover one that works.
IMPORTANT: To try any of these methods, you must be logged into Windows on the affected PC. If you can’t log into Windows, power on and off your computer three times to do a hard reboot, then restart it in Safe Mode.
1. Run disk check and memory check
A damaged RAM module or a corrupted NTFS drive could be the cause of this blue screen problem. To solve the issue, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows logo key and the S key at the same time on your keyboard, then type cmd in the search box.
- Select Run as administrator from the context menu when you right-click Command Prompt.
- On your keyboard, type chkdsk /f /r, then hit Enter.
- On your keyboard, press Y.
- Hold down the Windows logo key and the R key together, then type mdsched.exe.
- Click Restart Now to see if there are any issues (recommended). Your computer will restart right away.
- Wait for the scans to be completed (it can take up to 15-20 minutes).
- Verify that the issue has been resolved.
2. Undo recent changes
Recent updates to your system could be one of the causes of this blue screen error. Whether you’ve recently introduced new hardware or software to your system, uninstall it to check if the problem has been resolved.
3. Temporarily disable any third-party antivirus applications
Interference from third-party antivirus software might also cause this issue. To see whether that’s the issue, turn off your antivirus for a while and see if the problem persists. (Instructions for disabling it can be found in your antivirus’s documentation.)
If this does not cure the problem, contact the antivirus software vendor for assistance, or switch to a different antivirus solution.
IMPORTANT: When your antivirus is turned off, be extra cautious about what websites you visit, what emails you open, and what files you download.
4. Disable automatic paging file size management
- To open your File Explorer, hit the Windows logo key and E at the same moment on your keyboard.
- Select Properties from the right-click menu for This PC.
- Select Advanced system options.
- In the Performance section, click Settings.
- Select the Advanced tab, then Change…
- Untick the option to automatically manage paging file size for all discs. Then, to save the modification and quit, click OK.
- Restart your computer and see if the issue has been repaired.
5. Update device drivers
A system driver that is obsolete, inaccurate, or corrupt might also produce this error. You should double-check that all of your devices are using the correct driver and update those that aren’t.
If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to manually update your drivers, Driver Easy can do it for you.
Driver Easy will automatically detect your system and locate the appropriate drivers. You don’t need to know what operating system your computer is running, you don’t have to worry about downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t have to worry about making a mistake during the installation process.
With either the FREE or PRO version of Driver Easy, you can update your drivers automatically. However, with the Pro version, it only takes two clicks (with full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
- Get Driver Easy and install it.
- Launch Driver Easy and select Scan Now. After that, Driver Easy will check your computer for any problematic drivers.
- To automatically download and install the correct version of their drivers, click the Update button next to all flagged devices (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or, if you have the Pro edition, click Update All to automatically download and install the right version of all missing or out-of-date drivers on your system (you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- Restart your computer to see if the problem has been resolved.
These are a few Fixes that will be able to help you. If you have any query feel free to comment down below.